Best and Worst ?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Very controversial worst episodes! I would have thought that Who's Who is one of the most intelligent of the season and The Joker is Clemens near his best. The See Through Man is often considered the worst of Season 5, but I guess it just proves that it is subjective.
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

I realise that Waldo would have to love Escape in Time in which Peter Bowles is fantastic but I find the Mackidockie Court sequences rather silly. Still, Bowles must be one of the best diabolical masterminds and I enjoyed him in Seasons 4, 5 and 6.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Artanis wrote:
Frankymole wrote:
Artanis wrote: No, not yet but I'm sure it can't be much worse.
You may be surprised :) Anyway I'd love to know what you think of it, when you get to it.
Well, I just watched “Trap.” I was expecting it to be a total disaster, however, I didn’t think it was that bad, even though the plot isn’t very good and Terry Wood was badly miscast. I did enjoy the scenes with Steed, Purdey and Gambit running through the forrest.

“Gnaws” is still the worst that I’ve seen, so far. It’s the only episode were I didn’t care what happened, I just wanted it to end.
Trap - it's the trio scrambling around in the forest with all the accompanying groovy music that makes this episode for me. Terry Wood is truly dire as whatshisname though.

As for Gnaw's well I happen to enjoy it. It's very creepy at times. Yes, ultimately silly but I like all the wandering around in the sewers with the shadows etc.

The Gladiators in where the New Avengers really sinks - it's just not fun.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Darren wrote: Trap - it's the trio scrambling around in the forest with all the accompanying groovy music that makes this episode for me. Terry Wood is truly dire as whatshisname though.

As for Gnaw's well I happen to enjoy it. It's very creepy at times. Yes, ultimately silly but I like all the wandering around in the sewers with the shadows etc.

The Gladiators in where the New Avengers really sinks - it's just not fun.
Trap actually is pretty decent when they're not focussing on Soo Choy. The woods bits are actually wonderful little character sketches (the bit where Gambit and Steed start arguing about who worries more about whom while Purdey gets increasingly exasperated is priceless). With a different villain and without the drug-dealing subplot (seriously, didn't Steed stop chasing drug dealers in the Keel era?), it could have been one of the best. I'm glad you found the best bits and ran with them. Gnaws has its bright spots, too, although I don't think as many. But Gladiators is quite unforgiveably dull in spots.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

Trap - it's the trio scrambling around in the forest with all the accompanying groovy music that makes this episode for me.
Yes, I don't usually like the groovy '70s music, but in this episode I thought it was rather good and used very effectively.
Allen
ricardomartins
Thingumajig

Post by ricardomartins »

Best Cathy Gale episode: "Dressed to Kill", followed by "The Nutshell".
Worst: If we don't consider Venus' episodes, then "Immortal Clay".

Best Emma monochrome: Difficult to choose, but at this moment i'd say "Touch of Brimstone"
Worst: "Room without a View"

Best Emma colour: "Epic", it's so bizarre, but absolutely brilliant.
Worst: "Bird Who Knew too Much"

Best Tara: "Love All"
Worst: "Homicide and Old Lace"
malte1982
Nutshell

Post by malte1982 »

Cathy Gale
Best: I can not say, because these episodes were never shown in Germany
Worst: I can not say, because these episodes were never shown in Germany

Emma Peel (Mono)
Best: Death at Bargain Prices
Worst: How To Succeed....At Murder

Emma Peel (Color)
Best: The Correct Way To Kill
Worst: The See-Through Man

Tara King
Best: False Witness
Worst: The Curious Case of the Countless Clues

The New Avengers
Best: Forward Base
Worst: The Last of the Cybernauts...??
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Season 2 Mr Teddy Bear/The Sell-Out
Season 3 Don't Look Behind You/The Golden Fleece
Season 4 Death At Bargain Prices/Two's A Crowd
Season 5 The Correct Way To Kill/Mission Highly Improbable
Season 6 All Done With Mirrors/Pandora
TNA1 Sleeper/Gnaws
TNA2 Angels of Death/K is for Kill 1 and 2

Mostly on a whim. Season 6 could easily just have been Noon Doomsday for example...
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

Season 2:

Best: The Mauritius Penny
Worst: Immortal Clay

Season 3:

Best: Mandrake
Worst: The Medicine Men

Season 4:

Best: Dial a Deadly Number
Worst: Man-Eater of Surrey Green

Season 5:

Best: Murdersville
Worst: Epic

Season 6:

Best: The Interrogators
Worst: Look - Stop Me...

TNA 1:

Best: House of Cards
Worst: Gnaws

TNA 2:

Best: Angels of Death
Worst: Hostage
Johnny O
Winged Avenger

Post by Johnny O »

Frankymole wrote:
Artanis wrote:I just watched "Gnaws" and it's the first Avengers episode where I couldn't find anything to like about it.
Have you endured "Trap" yet? :D
Gosh, yes. "Trap" is absolutely dire. It's in the middle of that dreadful batch of episodes from TNA2. The "K is for Kill" duology is miserable too. And don't get me started on "Lion & Unicorn". By comparison, "Gnaws" is really quite excellent. Although fans of Thunderbirds will recognise the plot!