Things that make you go 'grrr'

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Timeless A-Peel wrote: I always thought they meant that to be funny--Gambit not looking enough like Gambit even though it is Gambit, simply because they're looking too hard. I know whenever I watch it, I always think Purdey and Gambit look "wrong" once they've been done up to be themselves again. Maybe it's just me.
Prator is using photographs, and we know how much they fail to look like reality - especially publicity photographs! Does he have the same one of Purdey (leather jacket, nothing underneath) that Draker does in "Target!"?

Of the Canadian episodes I like "Complex", maybe because it is a retread of several classic '60s episodes...
Last watched: "Concerto"
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Yes, I think Complex is by far the best Canadian one. On the grrrr front Tara's curtains and Gambit's flat decor.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I would 'thumb up' Complex too.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

The only Canadian episode I don't care for is The Gladiators as it's too mean. The other three have something of worth even if the presentation is quite naff. Forward Base grew on me, some nice Purdey/Gambit moments.

I hate the redesign of Emma's appartment in season 5. Wilfred Shingleton designed that wonderful airy studio appartment then Robert Jones took over and shrunk it down with some hideous furniture and nasty paint work.
Big Sid
Nutshell

Post by Big Sid »

It's really interesting to read other people's points of view. To me, Complex was the worst New Avengers episodes. It just seemed like they were trying to remake The House that Jack Built with Purdey instead of Emma. The plot was confusing and boring and by the end I was almost rooting for the building. On the other hand, I enjoyed the Gladiators and Emily and even thought the swan boats were fun. Well, to each his own!
Big Sid
Big Sid
Nutshell

Post by Big Sid »

As to things that make me go "grrr", one has to be the slow top-to-bottom pan of Emma's costume at the beginning of The Masterminds. I don't think I've ever watched it without rolling my eyes.
Big Sid
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

The music in Dead Man's Treasure is incredibly tedious, as is the Penny character.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote: I always thought they meant that to be funny--Gambit not looking enough like Gambit even though it is Gambit, simply because they're looking too hard. I know whenever I watch it, I always think Purdey and Gambit look "wrong" once they've been done up to be themselves again. Maybe it's just me.
Prator is using photographs, and we know how much they fail to look like reality - especially publicity photographs! Does he have the same one of Purdey (leather jacket, nothing underneath) that Draker does in "Target!"?

Of the Canadian episodes I like "Complex", maybe because it is a retread of several classic '60s episodes...
I think he's got a couple of pictures of her, and that might be one of them (I always picture some backroom boys at the Ministry drooling over it. The Ministry seems to love stylish glamour shots of its agents. Gambit's action shots look a bit out of place as well).

I actually don't mind Complex, either (although I wince every time I see Gambit jump through the window, since he sliced his forehead open doing it. I notice someone's scrubbed all his blood out of the nice white carpet, though. I hear the owner was unhappy about it). And Emily's good fun if you're willing to watch it with the right mood. The Gladiators is undoubtedly the worst of lot (although I get an unintended laugh out of it because someone has the Canadian spy service down pat. An open day. I can see it. They probably serve cookies afterwards).
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Rodney wrote:The music in Dead Man's Treasure is incredibly tedious, as is the Penny character.
Every time I watch Dead man's treasure, I can't help tapping my feet to the soundtrack. Maybe I can't resist tedious music! Actually I think it's rather catchy. The score for season 4 however is the best tv soundtrack of all time. No question. Beautifully written, arranged and orchestrated, and it fitted those episodes like a glove. Much more impressive than Dankworth's music for the Cathy shows, which I find rather jarring.
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

extremely jarring. The Dead Man music is almost identical to the music in Carry on Abroad so each time I see the episode I have visions of Hatti Jaques burning food in a Spanish hotel.